- Customers who have purchased a Garmin product will need to visit the Garmin Dashboard to register their device
- The Garmin Dashboard lets customers
- Garmin was founded in Lenexa, Kansas and was initially known as “ProNav”
Registering a Garmin device via the Garmin Dashboard service gets a customer a number of benefits like discounts on accessories, free software updates from Garmin for the life of the device, special offers on new Garmin products, and free downloadable extras. In addition, there are a number of device specific benefits like the ability to back up and restore favorites with car GPS units, plus additional free voices and vehicles avatars. It’s recommended that customers register their Garmin product as soon as it’s purchased, especially if purchasing the device secondhand.
Garmin Dashboard Registration Comments
- When customers register a Garmin sports and fitness device, they can download free training plans, follow other users, share their workout activities on social media, analyze and track their training
- There’s a special section on the Garmin dashboard for law enforcement with issues related to lost or stolen units
- There is no way to track a stolen Garmin GPS, but if the serial number is known, it can be traced if it is ever activated
More information about Garmin:
- Founded in 1989 and is one of the most well known developers of aviation, outdoor, fitness, and marine technology
- Got the Garmin name by combining the names of two founders, Gary Burrell and Min H. Kao
- Garmin’s first product was a marine GPS introduced in 1990, the “GPS 100” that sold for $2,500
Today, Garmin is most well known for their car GPS units and their GPS equipped marine fish finders. Garmin also has operations in the UK, Taiwan, Belgium, Canada, Spain, Romania, and Norway.
To contact Garmin about registering your device:
- 1 800 800 1020
- 1200 E. 151st St., Olathe, KS 66062-3426